1. My Blanket- Growing up I always dragged my blanket around with me everywhere I went sucking my thumb. Years later, there is nothing better than cuddling up on the couch with my favorite blanky! I love its softness and warmth.
2. Trader Joe’s Fruit Leathers- Blackberry, Raspberry, or Strawberry. I don’t think I can go one day without these yummy things! I love that I can take them anywhere, get in a serving of real fruit, and that it’s a low cal snack to keep my hunger at bay during the day. Sometimes I’ll even spend the extra 10 cents and get the ones that have 4 grams of fiber per serving to make it even more appealing…I know, I’m weired.
3. Ice Water when I get into bed- TJ has some strong emotions about this one. I don’t mean to do this every night, but it just happens. When I’m laying in bed and TJ is almost asleep, I get this craving for ice water. I hate to get out of bed to get it though because I have finally gotten all of my pillows in the perfect sleeping position and would hate to have to re-do the whole thing. Plus, I sleep on the window side of the room which means me getting out of bed would mean I would get cold. TJ knows the look by now. It used to be without hesitation, but now it’s without hesitation and with voicing his distaste for me not doing this myself before I get into bed, he goes and gets me a nice little glass of ice water for me to gulp down before my head hits the pillow.
4. Ellipticals- I am not in any way a runner, although I want to be one. Ellipticals make me feel like a runner though. Treadmills bore me to death, but the Elliptical makes me feel taller, stronger, and lets me move my body swiftly. It also kicks my butt into shape really fast. I’m feeling the effects today!
5. Food Network- I knew I loved it before, but it wasn’t until I had to give up cable for 6 months (and counting) that I really missed my friends on the Food Network. I think it provided me with a daily dose of creativity when it comes to food. So Emeril, Giada, Bobby, Paula and Ellie…can’t wait to see you guys again! Hopefully sooner than later.
6. Good Packaging- it doesn’t matter what it is or if I can use it or not. If a product has nice packaging I want to buy it. I have a fond appreciation for the thought that goes into good marketing, and like products that are presented in a simple, clean, and unique way.
7. Acura TL or MDX- There’s no way we can afford either of these cars right now, but every time I see them on the road (which is a lot now), I yell out its name as if it’s going to get me one. It reminds me of sharing an Acura Legend back in the day with my mom when I was learning to drive and first had my license. It had a great sunroof and a cassette player, and radio controls on the steering wheel. I’m more of an SUV kind of gal because I can see better as a short person if I sit up high, so I’m all over the MDX. But if I had to get another car, I think that the TL in a pearly white looks so sharp and classy.
8. Hand written letters- This is how TJ and I fell in love and maintained a long distance relationship for 2 1/2 years. I don’t think we would have gotten as close as we did if we only had emails. It was all of the funny cards, the being able to tangibly hold a piece of paper, and the ability to see his writing that made me feel like he was real. You can learn so much about a person and remember so much about that time if you can read what they’ve written. Plus, now we have stacks and stacks of letters that tell our whole journey that we can look back on…it reminds me of the letters my Grandparents write back and forth to each other when my Grandpa was in WWII telling her how he was getting into mischief and missed her. They look so old, but so rich is meaning. I still get giddy when TJ gives me something he has written himself.