Our little Sadie is 7 months old today! This age is so much fun because TJ and I are really starting to see personality traits shine through now:
- She’s compassionate. Sadie hardly ever cries, but when she hears someone else cry, the tears from her flow. After picking her up in the nursery one week and asking how she did, the woman said every time one of her friends cried, she did too. But when they were done, she was back to all smiles. She also loves to cuddle and snuggle and hug (she puts her arms around your neck) more than anything.
- She thrives on music. Every morning I turn on the music and she will bounce and pump her arms and “sing” along. When we’re some place that doesn’t have music on and then they turn in on, she screams with excitement and dances along. When Daddy plays guitar in front of her, she is fixated on him. She doesn’t like the kiddy music though. She’s all about the good stuff.
- She’s a curious one. If she’s in her crib and she hears us, she will roll on her belly and lift that little head up so she can try to see what’s going on. She will also pull down the bumpers on her crib to see, but we’re attempting to work on that. Everything new must be tested and pass through the mouth to be worthy of her time from then on.
- Volume is of no concern. She can be so loud when she talks. And very expressive. TJ says she gets that from me…I have no clue what he’s talking about.
- Eyes for Daddy. No one else gets the kind of elation all over her face like Daddy does when he walks in the room. She likes to hit me while pumping her arms and legs out of excitement for some reason.
- Beach baby. We’ll have a whole post about her love for the beach with her trip to Coronado Island coming soon!
What she eats:
- Sweet Potatoes
Sadie is super close to crawling. We’ll get one or two good Army crawls out of her. Mostly we’re at the stick your bum up in the air and do a plank position like Pilates is your favorite past time phase.
Most people point out how funny her head of hair is because it just stands up in a little mohawk. Most guys in public repeatedly comment that she’s a “cute little fuzz head.”
She says (without meaning, of course):
*Notice Mama is not in the list. Hmph.