The following are some of the top reasons I menu plan each week for our family:
1. Thinking about what we will eat inevitably results in healthier,well-rounded meals guaranteed for us to enjoy eating.
2. I don’t have any stress about 4:30 pm rolling around and not having an inkling about what I’m going to make for dinner.
3. I can take full advantage of sales and base what we eat off the deals of the week to further my savings.
4. I always have everything I need on hand.
5. We can look forward to special meals that sound like fun to try.
6. I’m not running back to the store for that one thing I should have gotten, but I didn’t because it’s all written out before I leave home.
7. We have less waste because I buy everything we will use.
8. It greatly reduces the need to grab something out, which would be more expensive and unhealthy.
9. Planning ahead means I can prep for another meal in the week while working on the meal we will eat that night if it uses some of the same ingredients, saving me valuable time.
10. I just feel better with a plan (I know…Type A personality).
*The next few posts I’ll be writing about Menu Planning, so let me know if you have any questions I can answer in upcoming posts! Stay tuned for how to create and organize your own menu plan…