I love making this pizza as much as I like making this one. It’s quick, it’s different from the norm, it’s looks pretty, and there are so many ways to make it to your liking! Have fun with it!
Here are a few tips: Sometimes I go the easy route and buy a rotisserie chicken at Costco ($4.99 for a 3 pound birdie) and shred it to use half for the pizza and reserve half for another meal later in the week to further my savings or sometimes I throw in 2 frozen chicken breasts and dump some BBQ sauce on it with a couple garlic cloves and let it go all day until I’m ready to shred it and make dinner that night.
I’ve also linked my favorite pizza dough recipe I use (it’s great substituting whole wheat flour also) because it’s incredibly quick. So quick that when you make it, you should double the recipe so you can stick the other one in the freezer for your next pizza.
- 2 chicken breasts (shredded)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (adjust to your taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I use a Mexican blend, but any will do)
- Pizza dough
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Make pizza dough according to recipe. Dust a floured surface to roll out pizza dough and place on a greased cookie sheet or pizza stone.
3. In a small mixing bowl combine shredded chicken breast, BBQ sauce, chopped cilantro, chopped garlic, and cheese. Add or subtract amounts according to taste.
4. Spread chicken mixture on pizza dough. If you would like, garnish with more cheese, BBQ sauce, or cilantro.
5. Bake 15-18 minutes. Slice and serve hot.