When you have the convenience of buying a rotisserie chicken for your next BBQ Chicken Pizza or Mexican Chicken Stew, don’t toss that lovely lookin’ carcass!!! Instead, throw that naked birdie into your crock pot before you go to bed and wake up in the morning to some amazingly nutritious chicken stock ready to freeze for when you need it next.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Naked chicken-meat removed, just bones
- 6-7 cups water, enough to cover the chicken
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-2 inches pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic (don’t bother peeling)
- 1/2 onion (don’t bother peeling)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon italian parsley
- a few shakes of italian seasoning
- Throw in the naked, cold chicky
- Cover with water
- Add the rest of your ingredients
- Cover and cook on low overnight
- In the morning, strain chicken stock into a bowl, leaving the ingredients in the strainer
- Refrigerate for a couple hours and then spoon the light layer of fat that accumulated.
- Use immediately, refrigerate, or freeze!