If I must be brutally honest (and I must), this first trimester of the pregnancy is not as easy as it was the last time I did this. As I enter the second trimester, one would think that being nauseous would subside. For me, it seems like it intensifies daily.
I get weak, I get hungry, I get hormonal, and I go running.
It’s hard to look at the bright side of things when you are feeling so crummy and life doesn’t stop just because you don’t feel stellar. So, as an exercise for my own sanity, I’m jotting down a couple things I am thankful for today.
Here’s your friendly reminder if you are also having a bad day! Things could always be much, much worse! Count your blessings!
I’m so thankful for:
- Dishes sitting in the sink because it means we were all fed.
- Toys all over the living room floor because it means my baby has something to teach her, cuddle her, and keep her entertained.
- Dirty floors because it means we’re happy running circles around our home.
- Loads of laundry because it means we have something to wear every day.
- Utility bills on the desk waiting to be paid because it means we have lights so we can see, water to keep us clean, and heat to keep us warm.
- An unmade bed because it means we got up in a hurry to play the day away.
- Saying good-bye to my Sadie because it means I have an awesome friend to love on my daughter and to help me in a pinch when I really need it.
- Yet another oil change because it means I have transportation to take me to where I need to go.
- Nauseousness because it means God has blessed me with another beautiful life forming in my body as we speak that I get to care for even now.