1. I was at the beach on Friday and guess who was there setting up a filming set right next to where I was sitting?! The one and only Giada de la Rentis. And her crew. And her cutie daughter. And her hubby. I love that woman. I got to meet her once at one of her cookbook signings, but this was way more fun. So, in honor of her and the awesome Italian culinary mind she has, I’m making one of my favorite of her recipes this week.
2. TJ and I decided a couple weeks ago that we would like to start having regular date nights at home in addition to our date nights out. What can I say? After 5 years, I still love dating the man!
Even though we put Sadie down for sleep every night and have the rest of the night to ourselves, it’s easy to get into a rut where nothing special or exciting happens after 7:00 pm. We’re just exhausted from the day.
We thought it would be fun to make “Movie Mondays” a regular thing in our house to give us something to look forward to on dreary Mondays back at work, and be more intentional about quality time together. So, on date nights, we’ll feed Sadie her dinner like normal and reserve a special little something for us after she goes down while enjoying our flick pick of the night.
Here’s the menu for this week:
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- Honey Seared Salmon Salad
- Quinoa Pasta with Wilted Arugula, Basil, Ricotta & Parm Sauce (Quinoa & Marinara for Sadie)
- Date Night-Honey Roasted Fig and Goat Cheese Crostini & Fried Ravioli
- Baked Turkey Taquitos