Today I had one of my last ultrasounds for this pregnancy. As excited as I was to see my baby boy again, I have to be honest… I felt completely out of control.
I was laying there on my back thinking about what an eventful day today was even though it wasn’t even 11:00 am yet:
- A 7 month old baby was thrown off of a parking structure at a local Children’s hospital just a couple miles from our home by his own Mother suffering from postpartum depression.
- A friend of mine is in the hospital with blood clots on her lungs caused by a medication she was taking.
- Another is in the ICU because of an aneurism after surgery last week.
- Another has been in isolation because of contracting Tuberculosis from her teaching job.
- And another dear friend lost her 10 week old baby.
- And there was an 5.9 earthquake back east.
All in one day this is going on.
I was admittedly a little frightened to be laying there, having a medical professional look at my unborn son on a day like today. I was waiting for something unexpected to happen to me.
I was laying there once again realizing that I am completely out of control. God is the one and only who sees, allows, and solves all of these things.
Once my appointment was over, I finally took a deep breath. It hit me that God desires us all to just take a deep breath. No matter the circumstance or hardship, worrying about catastrophic events in our lives or the lives of others does nothing.
Giving it all to Him is the only thing we can do. So I did.
Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Luke 12:25 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you;my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you.Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.