- We’re tired.
- We don’t have enough hours in the day to get everything done.
- We could take better care of ourselves.
I can say these things over and over again with an amen and an exclamation point at the end.
The wonderful thing about starting a new year, with a new job (for TJ), and a new (almost 3 month old) baby is that you are quickly forced into re-evaluating your entire life because the way you lived before simply won’t work. The circumstances are different.
This new year will be bringing a new set of challenges that we are looking forward to conquering. Many are individual self-improvements, and many are for the betterment of our family on the whole.
For me personally:
- To beat tired…I will be forcing myself to have a get-away at least once a week where I do something that I enjoy without the kids. It’s a time for me to exhale, revive myself, and be selfish after giving all day.
- To beat not having enough hours in the day…I will be slowing down. I’m going to be spending more time at home, relaxing a busy schedule. It will give me the chance to be more organized in taking care of our home and will lend itself to more days of simply taking in my kids as they develop in their own ways. Life shouldn’t be hurried.
- To beat not taking care of myself…I will be working on being more selfish. It’s okay if Sadie has to busy herself or if Jonah has to cry while I blow dry my hair. Everyone will survive if I go for a run as soon as TJ walks in the door after a long day every now and then.
Stay tuned for a fun post on a new member of our family and how they help to accomplish a goal I’ve shared about!