TJ was out of town in Kansas City this past week working, which meant I wasn’t exactly cooking like normal with the kiddos staying busy while we missed Daddy like crazy. We’re all looking forward to clean eating this week and working out together again on the schedule we’re all accustomed to now.
It’s supposed to be the hottest weekend of the summer above 100 degrees this weekend, so we’re grilling now that the man of the house is back to take his spot by the BBQ.
Huge news is that we re-tested Sadie for her cinnamon allergy last week and she passed. That means BBQ sauce can now be a condiment in our house again…praise the Lord! Hence the BBQ Chicken Pizza appearing in it’s missed debut!
My hope is that Jonah will follow suit with Sadie outgrowing most of her food related allergies, except peanuts, which is lifelong. Until then, we frugally plug along…
Here’s what’s on the menu:
- BBQ Apple (Cheddar for TJ) Turkey Burgers on GF* Buns & Mixed Berries
- Quinoa Risotto with Nutritional Yeast & Roasted Cauliflower
- GF* Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Chickpea Tacos & Sauteed Sweet Bell Peppers, Zucchini
- Falafel & Salad
- Quinoa Pasta & Turkey Meatballs with Roasted Garlic Broccoli Rabe